2199 Davis Road
Cavan Monaghan, ON
A library to meet the needs of the northern part of Cavan Township was opened in 1976 in the Women’s Institute Hall in Mount Pleasant.
It was moved to a larger, renovated space in 1999 (the former North Monaghan Municipal Office), and renamed The Bruce Johnston Branch Library to honour the memory of a former North Monaghan resident who served his community as township assessor and clerk for over 50 years.
In 2004, a 1200 square foot addition was built to accommodate the increased use by residents of North Monaghan and Cavan.