} The Samuel Richardson House – Millbrook and Cavan Historical Society

The Samuel Richardson House

13 Anne Street

This property was originally granted to James Deyell by the Crown
as part of the original mill lands. Samuel Richardson bought the
property and was probably the builder of this house in 1880. It was
sold to George Needler in 1883 and stayed in the family until 1919.
This house is a typical example of late Victorian Gothic design.
Note the variety in size and shape of the windows, the signature
kingposts and quatrefoils, and the dramatic bargeboard trim on the
off-centre verandah, in contrast to the symmetry and balance of
Georgian and Regency designs represented by 7 Anne Street.