} The Millbrook Bank – Millbrook and Cavan Historical Society

The Millbrook Bank

14 King Street West

Alexander Ferguson is credited with building this unusual property
in the style of an Italian villa in 1880. He leased it to the Millbrook
Banking Company (probably Wood and Kells Bank). It was later the
Methodist Church manse.
This Italianate structure features a pedimented projecting
frontispiece that extends beyond the roof line, an enclosed balcony
with decorative wrought-iron railing, a variety of window styles,
and decorative mouldings and brackets. The heavy safe with its
brass combination lock is still on the premises.