} The Alexander Armstrong House – Millbrook and Cavan Historical Society

The Alexander Armstrong House

8 Dufferin Street

Horticulturist and implement merchant Alexander Thomas Armstrong,
who was married to Rebecca O’Brian, built this red brick Italianatestyle
house in 1880. It remained in the Armstrong family until 1986.
The contrasting coloured brick on the corners, ornate brackets under
the eaves, the wraparound verandah and original French windows
are fine examples of the Italianate design so popular in Ontario
homes of the period.
The board and batten addition was added in 1998, and the picket
fence is a faithful reproduction of the original.